Orlando, FL asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: My ex wife has an injunction against me. I am attending BIP and on probation. The injunction currently only allows for

Supervised visitation of my 2 year old son. When I complete BIP and get off probation, Does that qualify as a change of circumstance and allow me to modify the injunction to request unsupervised custody of my son at my home? No family case at the moment. We are still married. Divorce has not been filed.

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You can always file a motion to modify the conditions of the injunction. You do not mention if there is also a family case. You may be able to modify sooner than the end of your program and probation. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.