Norman, OK asked in Medical Malpractice for Oklahoma

Q: How would I obtain my full electronic records from my D.O.B to the present day?

So, I believe there is some incorrect information/diagnosis in my medical records, and I need to know how I would get them corrected. Scenerio: So I go into a hospital under the influence, give my SSN and sign a release for my past medical info; they go into a computer system and pull all past history up. I need to know how I would obtain the computer info please?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. Until you're able to consult with a local attorney about what types of central databases are maintained, the answer in most places is that you'd need to reconstruct your file from the various medical providers who saw or treated you (or from the insurance carriers who you were covered by). If you were insured by the same carrier or HMO for a fairly long period of time, that would be easier than approaching individual medical providers. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.