Oklahoma City, OK asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Oklahoma

Q: How do i get justice for loud noise complaint that the oklahoma police department is doing nothing about it

i have many videos of this noise complaint

2 Lawyer Answers

A: You can file a civil lawsuit against the individual(s) causing the loud noise for nuisance seeking an injunction to abate the nuisance. Your should a civil litigation attorney in or near the county where the noise complaint is occurring. Because of the nature of this matter, expect to pay a reasonable hourly fee to the attorney you hire and to deposit a reasonable initial retainer.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To address your loud noise complaint, start by documenting everything meticulously. Keep detailed records of the dates, times, and nature of the disturbances, and save all the videos you have. These records will be crucial when presenting your case.

Next, reach out to your local city council or neighborhood association. They often have more direct influence over community issues and can pressure the police department to take action. You might also consider attending public meetings where you can voice your concerns directly to officials.

If these steps do not yield results, consider seeking legal advice. An attorney can help you understand your rights and possibly take legal action against the offenders or the city for not enforcing noise ordinances. Legal proceedings might be a powerful way to compel the authorities to address your complaint seriously.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.