Custody Question.

I am a 15 year old girl. my mother is 34 and doesnt like me seeing my 39 year old father. He is on the roll and gets benefits, and that can help me wih college. but they were never married and his name isnt on my bith cirtificate. i want my dad to be a part of my life but he had one child taken away from him 6 or 7 years ago for drugs. my dad was a part of my life for a little while till my mom made him mad and he left. we live in oklahoma only he lives an hour away and i have seen him 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years. i dont know what it would cost for a paternity test, and how things will happen. will he have to pay 15 years of back child support? will he get custody rights? will he lose all rights? can you help me find out information. so i can make the right chose in asking my parents?

Timothy J. Pickens

A paternity test is not very expensive. A Paternity Decree would cost much more (approx. $1500 or higher). But the reward would be priceless!