If someone got a check from a class action lawsuit, but accidently threw it away, can he request another one?

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |

Answers (1)


Tara L. Goodwin

Answered On Apr 15, 2013
Most of the time you should be able to get a new check, if you make the request promptly, and the check you were issued has not been cashed. They may require you to pay the stop payment fee on the earlier check. Make your request quickly, because in many class actions, unclaimed money goes to charity or back to the defendant a certain amount of time after the checks are issued.