Husband was awarded his vehicle in our divorce but the loan was in both our names and he let the vehicle go back.

•  
More Information:

Am I responsible for the balance on the loan that is owed to the Financial Institution. I have a collection company calling me to pay balance on loan.

Rachel Lea Hunter

Answered On May 6, 2013
Yes, if your name is on the loan. Did the divorce decree require the ex-husband to refinance solely in his name? If so, you can go after him if you make the payments, but as between you and the car lender, if your name is still on it then you are equally liable for the whole balance.

Rachel Lea Hunter

Answered On May 6, 2013