Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Zachary Justin Cantor
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: Can I get into trouble for a roommate using drugs when I'm not living at the apartment but I have stuff at the apartment

I'm the lease signer and he is my father

Zachary Justin Cantor
Zachary Justin Cantor
answered on Sep 7, 2021

There are two types of possession in the law in Florida in relation to contraband (illegal items): constructive possession and actual possession. The type of possession you are talking about is constructive possession. Constructive possession is a difficult charge for prosecutors when the... View More

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Florida on
Q: I live in FL but received a 4th DUI in MI but they only charged me for a 1st time DUI what will happen in FL?
Zachary Justin Cantor
Zachary Justin Cantor
answered on Sep 7, 2021

Based on your question you live in Florida but received a DUI in Michigan. As such you will have a criminal case to deal with in Michigan not in Florida. You will need to hire the best possible criminal lawyer in the area in Michigan where your case is pending. I'm assuming you have a... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.