Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Anthony Gerard Buono
2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for New York on
Q: How do I answer a divorce summons if I have only a few days left?
Anthony Gerard Buono
Anthony Gerard Buono
answered on Nov 7, 2012

You can simply write a letter saying that you received the summons and that you request a thirty day extension of time to engage an attorney. Send it to the other attorney certified mail return receipt requested. That should buy you another month. But you really need to speak to a local divorce... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.