Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Lee Anthony Ciccarelli
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: My wife will not show up to court today for harassment charges on me, what can i do to get this dropped?

The PA state police showed up and took statements and pressed charges on me for harassing my wife when all I did was defend myself from her attacking me by pushing her away from me. Upon getting pushed she fell to the ground being drunk her balance was not good. She came at me again with the same... Read more »

Lee Anthony Ciccarelli
Lee Anthony Ciccarelli answered on Apr 4, 2017

Friend, when the government pursues charges against you, they must present witnesses to proof their case. When they don't, you have the right to seek a dismissal. Your lawyer should strongly object to any continuances by the Commonwealth.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.