Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Rebecca Ann Smith
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania on
Q: I filed a 3301(d) and mailed it certified mail To my spouse. The problem is my spouse's daughter signed for it.

Can I still file the card and my receipt with the court?

Rebecca Ann Smith
Rebecca Ann Smith
answered on Oct 13, 2016

Unfortunately, the requirements for proper service in Pennsylvania require that the spouse personally sign for the certified mail. There are other ways to effectuate service as well. It would be a good idea for you to consult with an attorney in your area to discuss the specific requirements.

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania on
Q: My wife and I are building t home. We are doing it ourselves. We are probably 2/3 done. The property was paid for clear

Before we started. We should have equity. Any how I am going to file for divorce. I don't know how to handle the house. Neither one of us can afford to keep it by ourselves so we will have to sell it. What kind of a mess is this going to be?

Rebecca Ann Smith
Rebecca Ann Smith
answered on Oct 13, 2016

Unfortunately, it is quite common that marital homes must be sold when a divorce occurs. Agreements can be drafted that specify the details of how the house will be sold and how any proceeds will be divided. Of course, divorces where the parties are amicable are less of a "mess" than... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.