Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by W.F. "Casey" Ebsary Jr.
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: Can a parent speak for their child to resptfly demand a dismissal at an [unwarrented] MIP tobacco citation hearing

my 16yr old student walks in to use his hs bathroom, an unknown student immediately hands him a tobacco device upon entering at the exact time a teacher walks in, unknown teacher detains my 16yr old student with the device and walks them to ofc. Student fully complies with turning in this device,... Read more »

W.F. "Casey" Ebsary Jr.
W.F. "Casey" Ebsary Jr.
answered on Apr 4, 2018

The parents may be heard. Be respectful in requests of the Court or the Judge and you may get what you wish.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.