Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by David William Jacobsen
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Minnesota on
Q: If I forget to tell my probation officer that i changed my address. would i get into trouble
David William Jacobsen
David William Jacobsen answered on Dec 7, 2013

It depends on the terms and conditions of probation when you were sentenced. If you are required to meet with your probation officer or are subject to random visits, it might be prudent to let him or her know where you are living sooner rather than later.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Minnesota on
Q: We married couple in Minnesota-My credit bad-my hubby's is great-Can he legally get mortgage+house in his name only?
David William Jacobsen
David William Jacobsen answered on Dec 7, 2013

Your lender may choose to use only his credit history and employment information for underwriting purposes for the loan; however, as a married couple you will both be required to sign the mortgage.

1 Answer | Asked in Probate for Minnesota on
Q: When monies get probated, who receives the money after probate? -The person listed in the will, or blood relatives?
David William Jacobsen
David William Jacobsen answered on Dec 7, 2013

A will is a testamentary document that provides where the testator wants his or her property to pass upon death. A validly executed will admitted to probate without challenge will control the distribution of the decedent's property. In Minnesota you can disinherit children but not spouses.... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.