Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Robert Snellings
1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law for New Jersey on
Q: What kind of lawyer do I need and what can I do against a contractor who was hired to make some repairs to my home

My home because of some smoke and water damages. The contractor is trying to place a lien on my house because he did some unauthorized work that my insurance company nor myself authorized. However he did not complete the work that he was contracted to do. what are my legal rights and where can I... View More

Robert Snellings
Robert Snellings
answered on Sep 4, 2013

You should seek the assistance of a lawyer who has experience in litigating consumer fraud and NJ Home Improvement Act violations. The attorney should also be familiar with the NJ construction lien laws, specifically the requirements needed to place a residential construction lien on your home.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.