Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Steven G. Casanova
2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Florida on
Q: How can I get my DUI dropped when there is a urinalysis from the hospital showing I'm not under the influence?

I have three breathlyzers and two urinalysis and the cop was screaming acting erratically because of the negative results. He asked for a third sample and it didn't seem right. I have neurological issues from an aneurysm and I'm very anxious ask the time from past trauma.

Steven G. Casanova
Steven G. Casanova
answered on Jun 22, 2020

If indeed there is nothing in your blood or urine tests given to you at the hospital, and you blew .000 on the breath machine, then a motion to dismiss/suppress should be filed. Either way it seems like you might have a very defendable case! Good Luck!

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: If a sitting judge presided over a case that was completely corrupt and was charged with corruption a few years later

Is it possible to sue the district attorneys office?

The case I refer to is the state vs Francisco Munoz, 1972. I have lived with this injustice for over 50 years. Thanks for your time and effort.

Steven G. Casanova
Steven G. Casanova
answered on Feb 17, 2020

It would seem that the Statute of Limitations has most likely passed. Moreover, the State Attorney's office is probably the wrong party to implicate in any type of lawsuit with the facts that you have mentioned. Maybe the correct Defendant in this case is the Judge himself.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.