Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by John Kenneth Joyner
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Colorado on
Q: Can a criminal protective order against my son include me and his mom and prevent us from entering the house I own?

The order doesn't mention anybody else but my son, and neither me nor my wife were informed or served the document.

John Kenneth Joyner
John Kenneth Joyner answered on Aug 10, 2018

The protective order restrains whoever it is being enforced against. The restrained party has the obligation to make sure they do not come in contact with the protected parties, whoever they may be. If the protective order includes no contact and/or requires whoever the restrained party is be a... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.