Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Jason Siegel
4 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for Florida on
Q: How to add my sister and my name to the title of a property after my mother passed away.

The property is owned by my mother, aunt and uncle. All of the them are on the title. My mother passed away in 2016 without a will. For clarity, there are no family issues and my aunt and uncle agree that my sister and I should be added to the title in place of my mother who passed away. What steps... View More

Jason  Siegel
Jason Siegel
answered on Dec 1, 2021

I would recommend checking the Miami Dade Property Appraiser's website at to review the deed on the property. Does the deed state that your mother, along with your aunt and uncle, owned the property with rights of survivorship or does it say... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.