Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Anthony Gerald Ryan
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: My daugther is currently in prison and has a detainer for failure to appear how can we have this issue taken care of

She was already in when when warrant was issued her lawyer fail to notify the court and will not answer our calls she would like to have this resolve now rather then after her release

Anthony Gerald Ryan
Anthony Gerald Ryan answered on Dec 31, 2010

You should be able to have an attorney file a motion to have the detainer lifted or dismiss the failure to appear. For instance, in your case, since she was already in prison when the failure to appear was issued then her failure to appear was not willful. If she has an open case, then her... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.