Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Valerie C. Horvath
2 Answers | Asked in Domestic Violence for Indiana on
Q: if prosecutor lifts msdmnr domestic battery & accepts plea to lesser marijuana charge, how long to end no contact order?

Since both charges originated from one case will the no contact order remain until probation for marijuana charge is complete?

How do I advocate (as the victim in this case) for resolution of no contact order asap?

Valerie C. Horvath
Valerie C. Horvath
answered on Oct 24, 2017

Most of the time, a "No Contact Order" (NCO) is issued pre-trial to prevent the person charged (defendant) from influencing the state's witness (person on NCO). Once the case is no longer pending or "pre-trial", the NCO is terminated. Often, a post-trial NCO will be part... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.