Palmdale, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: N-400 and Alien Registration Card have my current name bur N-445 has my old name.

Which name will appear on N-550

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gus M. Shihab Esq
Gus M. Shihab Esq
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Columbus, OH

A: Dear Sir/Madam

First congratulations on receiving the notice for your oath of ceremony. This is a very exciting time in your immigration process as it symbolizes the conclusion of your immigration journey and the beginning of your life as a full citizen.

It appears that you requested your name to be changed as part of the naturalization process. If the notice had your old name on it, I would immediately make an InfoPass appointment at this website: and see an immigration officer about making certain that your naturalization certificate has your new name on it. A trip to your InfoPass appointment can save you a lot of hassle in trying to correct an erroneously issued naturalization certificate.

Best of luck

Gus M. Shihab

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.