Asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: Can I apply for waivers like I-601 and I-212 as I was removed for my aggravated felony conviction INA 101(a)(43)(P).

On March 16, 2010 I was removed for my criminal conviction under INA 101(a)(43)(P), which is an aggravated felony for immigration purposes. My wife is US citizen. Can I apply for waivers to come back to the US?

Any reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Kind regards.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua L. Goldstein
Joshua L. Goldstein
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA

A: It sounds like you may need (Form I-212) an application to apply for early admission to the US. Your conviction would be a negative equity. Depending on the nature of your offense, you may also need a I-601 to waive the criminal ground of inadmissibility.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.