Moreno Valley, CA asked in Child Custody for California

Q: What forms do I need to change custody from a mom to a father who has the child 75% of the time.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. David Thomas Pisarra
Mr. David Thomas Pisarra
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Santa Monica, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to file an Order to Show Cause in the case in which there is a court order. The forms are available online and from the self-help desk of your local court.

I would suggest that you review my book, A MAN'S GUIDE TO CHILD CUSTODY, as when you file for a change in custody, she will likely fight you, because you will now be entitled to child support, and I would hope that yo would be well armed with facts and declarations. My book can help you prepare for the arguments that you will be facing. My books are available on and my website as e-books for immediate download.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.