Killeen, TX asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: How can I clear a 322.33 charge happened 18 years ago in florida, warrant is a florida pickup only and live elsewhere

The warrant , i beleive it was a perjury charge , i was issued a florida drivers license with my new jersey license suspended for a traffic violation that was not paid in jersey which was paid after and am cleared in jersey , it was a ticket that I just don't remember however I don't want a stain on my record and need advise on how to clear my name

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Craig A. Epifanio
Craig A. Epifanio
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Seminole, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: This is a felony so you are going to need to turn yourself in at some point. While it may be possible to hire an attorney to fight this here while you are there, most judges require you to turn yourself in. I suggest you contact an attorney near the location where the charge happened.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.