Erie, PA asked in Workers' Compensation for Pennsylvania

Q: What is the process to request a change of venue for a worker's comp claim in Pennsylvania?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Francis Joseph Lafferty
Francis Joseph Lafferty
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • York
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If Pennsylvania has jurisdiction, and your claim is currently being handled in another state, you will need to file a Claim Petition to have the case handled in Pennsylvania. This issue arises many times with over the road truck drivers who sign an employment contract assigning jurisdiction to a state (i.e. Indiana) regardless of where their accident occurs. Although the employer may require such an agreement to be executed for employment, you may enforce your rights by filing a Claim Petition and having your claim brought in PA.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.