Essex, NJ asked in Estate Planning for New Jersey

Q: How to update executor short certificate

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Rodney John Alberto

  • Forked River, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: It is difficult to answer this question without more information. Why do you need to update the short certificate? What changed? In any event, you should call an estate administration attorney to assist you. The surrogate's office may be able to assist you. Rodney Alberto, Esq.

Jeff Vandrew Jr

  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Red Bank, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: More information would be needed to answer this question fully, but I can tell you that it is likely that whatever action is ultimately taken will need to be taken in the Surrogate's office in the county where the will was probated. That would be the first office to call. The foregoing is for discussion purposes only and is not legal advice. -Jeff Vandrew Jr, Attorney-CPA,, Disclaimer:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.