Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Thomas Brett Duffy
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for New Jersey on
Q: How can I get a Will Validated, or deemed not valid in New Jersey

I need to get my Father's Will be validated or deem not valid to obtain documentation for Puerto Rico Courts. Back up note. He died in Puerto Rico; however, Puerto Rico is asking for documentation from New Jersey Courts to verify that the will is not valid. How do I go about getting this and... View More

Thomas Brett Duffy
Thomas Brett Duffy pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 26, 2024

First, I am sorry to learn your dad passed away. It's not a simple situation anytime.

As to your question, I'd need to know a lot more about the particulars. I take it he was a resident of NJ and died in PR on vacation, visiting relatives, wintering, etc. This happens a lot in...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.