Middlesex, NJ asked in Divorce for Massachusetts

Q: My ex hid all monies from self employment , we went to trial, did not even produce docs. Do I have recourse after trial

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Wyckoff Nissenbaum
Wyckoff Nissenbaum
  • Somerville, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If you believe that your spouse did not truthfully disclose his income and assets to the court at trial, then it was your job to prove otherwise. Your recourse after trial is to file a complaint for modification based on a material change in circumstances. The material change may be the difference between the income he stated at trial and the income you have proof that he is making. Contact a Massachusetts Divorce Lawyer for case specific information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.