Plymouth, MA asked in Tax Law for Massachusetts

Q: I am trying to negotiate a forbearance on overdue excise tax bill, due to lengthy illness. Legal help?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eric M Wiechert
Eric M Wiechert
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Eau Claire, WI

A: It can be exceedingly stressful to manage these things yourself but the IRS has some helpful videos and pamphlets about the process that you may want to review before selecting a professional or trying to work this out on your own. Here is a link to the IRS videos that may be on point:

Good luck!

The above information is intended for information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.