I am looking for a "Confession of Judgment" form for California, does anyone know where I can obtain this.

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Mr. Dheeraj K. Singhal

Answered 4 years ago

This is not a "form" which is usually used in California. It implies an outdated procedure, by which Defendants were asked to waive their rights and consent to a judgment, often in advance. The typical procedure in California would be to enter into a Stipulated Judgment. The Debtor would normally want to have a provision that the Judgment is not entered so long as he is making stipulated periodic payments. But all of this is normally part of a negotiated settlement.