Morton, IL asked in Consumer Law for Illinois

Q: I sent a check to a entertainment promotor for a concert (Katy Perry)concert that did not happen. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tara L. Goodwin
Tara L. Goodwin
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You may be able to sue for breach of contract, or possibly violation of the Illinois Consumer Fraud Act (depending on the specific facts). You can file suit yourself in small claims court. You might also be able to get results by complaining to the consumer division of the Illinois Attorney General's office. Finally, you might want to talk to a consumer class action attorney, if you believe there are lots of other people in your situation and the promoter is refusing to return anyone's money.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.