Seal Beach, CA asked in Tax Law for California

Q: I disagree with an IRS opinion on my 2004 taxes which the IRS has been passing around for years. I paid it but want to

The CPA left out crucial information and the IRS wants me to pay for all the time THEY kept this going. Do I go to appelate court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher M. Larson
Christopher M. Larson

A: Hard to say. Have you been to Tax Court? If so, you would need to challenge in appelate court. If not, you can always file for a refund by filing an amended return. If they refuse this, you can bring a refund suit in district court. But with all of the procedural issues, I would hire an attorney to deal with that matter. There are time limit issues, etc. which are well beyond the scope of any answer I can give here.

Christopher Larson

Insight Law

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.