Brooklyn, NY asked in Personal Injury for New York

Q: My son was hit by a car 11 years ago he is now 18 and his lawyer keeps givin me excuses what do I do ?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Terrence Rubino
Terrence Rubino

A: i do not know NY law but in most states the statute of limitations for a minor doesn't begin to run until the minor reaches majority. 11 years does make the case real stale in terms of proof which is what your lawyer may be telling you. if you trust him/her and he is reputable, then you ought to listen to him/her. if not get a second opinion. good luck and be at peace with whatever your decision is.

Michael H. Joseph
Michael H. Joseph
  • White Plains, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: If you are not happy with your attorney, you can change attorneys at any time. I would be happy to review the case for free

Michael Joseph


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.