Lakeland, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: Can I be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child for telling my kids to lie & say I wasn't home when pol

Police where at our door asking for me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew J. Tetreault Esq
Andrew J. Tetreault Esq
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • St. Petersburg, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You can probably be charged with it, sure. The elements of the crime criminalize adult conduct which causes, tends to cause, encourages or contributes to a child becoming a delinquent (see Fla. Stat. 827.04 for greater detail and exact wording). That being said, the facts in your case may or may not support a conviction and a qualified defense attorney may be able to help you get the charge dropped entirely.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.