Mission Viejo, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: A friend wants me to look after his two minor children for several months in California while he works in New Jersey.

He wants me to homeschool them with my other children. Is this legal?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Calderon Garrett
Linda Calderon Garrett
  • Suisun City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: A good book for your friend to purchase is Nolo's "Temporary Guardianship for Care of a Minor. (http://www.nolo.com/products/temporary-guardianship-for-care-of-minor-pr....) It addresses issues exactly like the ones listed on your question, vis-a-vis, taking care of your friend's minor children for several months; and, wanting you to home-school them in his absence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.