Los Angeles, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: Can I petition my husband who has a deportation order? I am a US citizen.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Allan S. Lolly
Mr. Allan S. Lolly
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • La Jolla, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Yes, but things may not be as you hope. First, it is important to know the reason for deportation. If it is possible to somehow legalize your husband's status based on your marriage, it might be done while he is in the U.S., but perhaps not. Certainly, the deportation order itself must be addressed in some manner. Consider information concerning bar waivers here: https://www.1-800-usa-immigration.com/i601-bar-waiver.html. You can also see some blog posts here: http://www.1-800-usa-immigration.com/blog/tag/illegal-entry/. You will need a qualified immigration attorney to help and it will cost money if anything can be done for him. Kind regards, Allan Lolly, Immigration Attorney This information is general in nature and not intended as legal advice on any particular matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.