Austin, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: Am order to pay child support to my mom for my son for both me and my ex and my ex gets him every other weekend and i

Can't see him at all and i dont kenow y and i was not know about the court date when they did all this so are any of my right be voilated or not and should i still be froce too paid for 2 people

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Min G Kim
Mr. Min G Kim
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: In Texas, generally the primary custodian of the child will be entitled to receive child support. From you facts, it sounds like you are the parent with visitation rights or supervised visitation. You court order should state what your visitation rights are. A person's right to see the child may be restricted if that person has been alleged to have done some sort of violence towards the other spouse and/or the child.

In regards to receiving the court date, you should have been given notice of the court date. You may have rights to file for a new trial if it only has been 30 days from the date the court has signed the judgment. If the 30 days have passed, you may still have the option of filing something called a restricted appeal or bill of review, but the standards for either required that you never received notice that was not your fault and other factors to be considered.

More facts are required not to mention what your decree actually states.

Consult a local family law attorney in your area.

My firm is located in Houston Texas and my contact can be found on my profile.

Good luck and wish you success.

Min Gyu Kim (Peter)

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.