El Paso, TX asked in Personal Injury for Texas

Q: If Personal injury results from a trip and fall accident. What shoul I do first. Trpped on anchor bolts in concrete.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: There are a number of unknown variables in the question that you pose to be able to give you much of a helpful answer. I would call a local personal injury attorney to discuss the details of the incident and a potential claim on your behalf. Be mindful that in most trip and fall incidents, comparative fault is at issue, as the person who tripped and fell has a duty to exercise reasonable care and a proper lookout while walking. I am not a Texas attorney, so I can not speak to Texas' laws on comparative negligence; however, in most states, an injured party may not recover is the tripping hazard was "open and obvious," and at the very least in most states the nature of the hazard as patent or observable will factor into whether you were at fault and the degree thereof.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.