Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Texas Personal Injury Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Texas on

Q: When a lawyer threatens withdraw but then does not give a yes/no answer? (Personal injury)?

Why would a personal injury lawyer threaten withdraw on a case they have been working on for 8+ months with less than 4 months left, 2+ depos and with a substantial settlement arriving when complete?

Also, what happens if that lawyer doesn’t respond yes/no to emails... Read more »

Mr. Troy Michael Moore answered on Jun 24, 2019

It could be a variety of reasons. He/she could be overworked. Or, he/she could have decided the cases was not as good as once thought. It would be pure speculation to answer this question without being intimately involved on the case.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Texas on

Q: I was injured in a national park due to a hose running across a walkway. Right by the visitor center. Should I sue

Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 19, 2019

Contact a member of the Association for Justice of the state where it happened, who practices in the county where it happened, to see if you have a claim of negligence. They give free consults. A lot depends on where it was. A park is not like a shopping center is not like the inside of a store.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Texas on

Q: I was attacked by a woman at work and side stepped and the woman hit her eyes against the door. She claims I punched her

And is putting it all over social media. I have screen shots of her fabricated story. But I wear a body cam and have footage that disproves all of it. Not sure what to do .

Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 14, 2019

Contact a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association who handles workers compensation. That may help.

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Texas on

Q: If u didn't report being hit by a car or go to hospital the day of, and then woke up in pain, do u still have a case?

I Was on a bicycle. Ownerof vehicle gave me his insurance and there was a witness

Rahlita D. Thornton answered on May 25, 2019

If you’re injured as a result of the accident you are still able to pursue your case. Obtaining a witness statement early on by your attorney will be important to your case. Good luck to you.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Landlord - Tenant and Small Claims for Texas on

Q: possible to sue for const. eviction n Tx. justice court then later sue in county for assault

I had an eviction that was ruled in favor for my landlord. Even though it was in retalitory, 3 days later after she was served papers, of me filing a repair & remedy case. I appealed, before appeal hearing was set land lord stabbed me with a garden shovel aseveral times in the ribs, then went into... Read more »

Gary D. Peak answered on May 6, 2019

If she has been charged with assaulting you, yes you can file suit against her in civil court. Because it was an intentional act, her insurance would likely deny coverage, so she would need to have non-exempt assets to go after to collect a judgment. Was the rental you were evicted from her home,... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Civil Litigation for Texas on

Q: Why is it that lawyers get such a high percentage of people's settlement I mean don't get me wrong they deserve some but

But they are not the ones that are in pain and I have a law firm that is very rude to me when I call to cheek on the status of my case and no I call maybe every other month and I have never seen or talked to a lawyer only a case manager I feel like they are not handling my case propperly I have... Read more »

Gary D. Peak answered on May 6, 2019

Schedule an in person appointment and go visit with your attorney. Write out the questions you want to ask them so you don't forget any.

One to ask is when is the case going to mediation and why haven't we mediated already? Most cases settle at mediation.

Now, that said, personal...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Texas on

Q: I want to know should I pursue small claims court?

Ask stylist through a series of text for certain services. she ruined the hair extensions. The hair not color as requested in the text pic. Hair lifted up the third day of during it. I have to pay someone to remove and replace. She block me for no reason. Don't want to take ownership. Have all... Read more »

Gary D. Peak answered on May 6, 2019

You can file suit in Justice court for any amount under $10,000.00. You better have the hair stylist you say she did it wrong, and who are able to explain how it should have been done, and what is required to correct it, willing to come to court to testify for you.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Texas on

Q: My sister is currently incarcerated, she was put with a enemy while shackled. And injured what kind lawyer could help?

They were known enemies and was supposed to be kept separated. My sister reminded the guard of this, and it was ignored. They got into altercation and my sister arm and wrist was broke. Any suggestion on what kind of lawyer to talk to about filing a formal or criminal charges against the guard or... Read more »

Gary D. Peak answered on May 6, 2019

If this was while in prison it will likely be hard to find an attorney who will take the case. It is just so difficult to pursue a case against the prison system, it almost has to be a death case before one can justify taking the case. If it occured while in county jail, that might be a little... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Personal Injury for Texas on

Q: I was raped and the man is about to go to trial. Can I sue him in civil court for my medical damages?

Roy Lee Warren answered on May 6, 2019

I am sorry for your experience.

Yes you can sue civilly and you can also seek recovery under the Crime Victims Act (CVA). Ask the district attorney's office in the county where the case is being prosecuted about recovery under the CVA. I think you can recover up to $50,000. Good luck to...
Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Personal Injury and Landlord - Tenant for Texas on

Q: So headed to the ER Today, Rental House for a Year and a half. My house is covered in Mold. Any TX Attorneys pro bono?

2nd trip to the ER for mold related issues. Scared to death. Sores all over my Scalp. lots more stuff going on. Pics yes, yes he knows, I need help please. Eyes, Urinary tract and my hair fell out. Lot's more. I have all diagnoses. Dog lost hair and roomate. I am in need of a pro bono attorney... Read more »

Rahlita D. Thornton answered on Apr 22, 2019

Feel free to call us to give us more details that we require. These types of cases can be handled on a contingency basis. This means fees come from any settlement obtained. 888-343-4529#1.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Texas on

Q: can power of attorney be appointed to a lawyer by the spouse of someone who is already in a coma.

How can a spouse have enough power to grant power of attorney to a lawyer on behalf of their comatose spouse, if they can't get power of attorney themselves??

Ross Diamond III answered on Apr 15, 2019

A power of attorney by a comatose person would be invalid.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Texas on

Q: I unfortunately was in a 3 car head on collision. I was Injured beyound repair. 3 attorneys later 0 action. I’m livid.?

Each Accepted case/ yet did absolutely nothing. I feel I been duped. Hoodwinked by GREAT FRAUDULENT INTERNET ADS. Injury happened nov 23 2017. Now on 3rd attorny and I visited and 2 promises WERE MADE as all paperwork I supplied, from a lil girl that at least gathered 2 inches thick ON A PLATTER,... Read more »

Daniel John Christensen answered on Apr 15, 2019

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Like any profession, there are good attorneys and bad attorneys. Without knowing the situation, I cannot promise you that I can help you, however, I am happy to review your case and let you know. I will not give you false promises. Good news or bad news,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Domestic Violence and Juvenile Law for Texas on



Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Apr 10, 2019

Anyone can get in trouble for anything. A more important question is can you get OUT of trouble. In this situation it sounds like you may have justifications for self defense in Penal Code 9.31 and possibly also discipline of a child under PC 9.61 (if her parents wanted you to look after her.)... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Personal Injury for Texas on

Q: Strict liability only requires that a plaintiff proves fault on the part of defendant

Timur Akpinar answered on Apr 6, 2019

If you're asking in terms of general information, the premise of strict liability is that the plaintiff doesn't need to demonstrate negligence in an injury (the question is posted Personal Injury - the concept can also come up in criminal prosecutions). It arises in cases involving dangerous... Read more »

4 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Texas on

Q: I was a pedestrian hit by car that fled. I know there were no damages they saying there are how do i prove it?

I was in front of walmart leaving the store when car hit did not yield and struck me and fled the scene. they say there are $973 in damages to the car when i did not hit it very hard and know there were none. Charged with failure to yield right of way. How do i prove no damages. claim keeps getting... Read more »

Rahlita D. Thornton answered on Apr 1, 2019

If you were hurt and have substantial medical bills you should pursue your case by retaining an attorney with your proof.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Car Accidents for Texas on

Q: I was trying to make a uturn into a 3 lane which I had no stop sign. I needed to get to the far bottom left lane.

There was driver waiting at a stop sign trying to turn into the same lane. Does that person yield to me? Also can that person get in trouble for purposely trying to brake check me and hit me?

Daniel John Christensen answered on Apr 1, 2019

In general, if one driver has a traffic control device and the other does not, the driver without the traffic control device has the right of way. It is difficult for me to advise you on your specific situation with the facts given. Please call us and we can see if we can help you. 512-888-9999.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Animal / Dog Law for Texas on

Q: while walking our dog was bit by another lady's dog because she lost control of it. does she pay for vet bills for ours?

we were all walking on a public sidewalk and her dog which was a prev rescue dog got aggressive

Daniel John Christensen answered on Mar 28, 2019

I am so sorry to hear about what happened with your dog. Assuming the other person's dog attacked yours for no reason at all, the other person can likely be held responsible for your vet bills. I wish you the best of luck. If you ever need assistance, feel free to call us at 512-888-9999.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Personal Injury and White Collar Crime for Texas on

Q: If a federal judge deny a complaint based on prejudice, can he or she be sued?

Roy Lee Warren answered on Mar 26, 2019

Yes they can be sued but your case would be quickly dismissed unless you can prove some egregious error because the judge has good faith immunity that is very difficult to overcome. Seldom is a suit against a federal judge successful.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Texas on

Q: Can a medical provider who writes a letter for an "Emotional Support Animal" (ESA) be held liable for later injuries?

Letter provided for housing purposes in the state of Texas. Letter is simply stating this person has a disability and would benefit from an ESA. Later the animal causes injury (either personal or property). Secondarily, does length of provider patient relationship play a role in your answer?

Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 21, 2019


2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Small Claims for Texas on

Q: My ex caused scarring on my face with mayonnaise 25 yrs ago which now I see in the mirror after shaving numbers, letters

Never gave it a second thought but after she broke up with me my face had red spots and I remember she was sitting up in the bed one night after she bought me a burger then fell asleep after eating it I think she drugged me with that burger so I wouldn't wake up as easily . When I awoke with... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 21, 2019

you would have seen it about 25 years ago if she caused that. In any event, there is a statute of limitations. But to be on the safe side, check with a lawyer who gives free consultations in injury cases. However understand unless your wife has a lot of money there will be no money to cover her for... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.