Inverness, FL asked in Juvenile Law for Florida

Q: How do i obtain information on a case that my 16 yr old daughter was subpeona for?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Daniel Marc Berman
Daniel Marc Berman
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: If it was a juvenile case then those records are not public and you will not be able to see the court file.

If it is an adult case, then go to the clerk of courts office and ask to view the file.

Daniel M. Berman

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: As long as it is not a juvenile case, you can go to the clerk and ask to see the case file. Juvenile records are not open to the public in Florida. Many clerks are in the process of getting all of their files converted to digital format. They are in the process of doing this now across the state. Good Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.