The Colony, TX asked in Energy, Oil and Gas for Texas

Q: Oncor Electric has power poles that are on our property - we asked that they bury the lines - do we have any recourse ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eddie Michael Pope
Eddie Michael Pope
  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If the power poles provide power to your property, you might be able to get Oncor to bury the associated lines - IF you are willing to pay for the extra expense. Oncor's tariff provides: Underground Delivery Service

Underground service is provided to Retail Customer under the following conditions:

a) Location and routing of Company's Delivery System is determined by Company.

b) Prior to beginning of construction, Retail Customer provides easements at no cost to Company for the underground conductors,

padmount transformers and associated equipment. Retail Customer shall execute a written easement agreement with Company in

a form acceptable to Company, including, but not limited to, the form easement agreements set forth in Section 6.3 of this Tariff.

c) Company may extend its conductors to Retail Customer's switchgear or service entrance enclosure when Company considers

such conductors as being outside of building.

d) Before the installation of Company's underground Delivery System facilities, Retail Customer completes rough site grading,

establishes final grade along the conductor route, and clears area of all obstructions. Any installation of obstructions (such as

asphalt or concrete walk, driveway, street, alley, parking facilities, etc.) which interfere with the installation of Company facilities will

be corrected by and at the expense of Retail Customer. No change is made in the grade along the conductor route or easement

without consent of Company. Any lowering or raising of electrical conductors or associated equipment required by any change in

grade is at the expense of Retail Customer, including necessary grade work.

e) Competitive Retailer or Retail Customer pays any amount due under this Rate Schedule, as applicable.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.