Warner Robins, GA asked in Immigration Law for Georgia

Q: My husband just immigrated to the US. We were married over 2 years when he was approved. Rec a 2yr CR1 not 10yr?

According to the USCIS website if we are married over 2 years at the time of approval he should receive a 10 LPR green card. I get the runaround when I call them.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jamie B Hernan
Jamie B Hernan
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should contact an experienced immigration attorney who can assist you in the process, review all of the facts of your husband's case and advise you more specifically about what should have happened and what can be done for him. Many immigration attorneys like myself offer free consultations.

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.