Tbilisi, GA asked in Immigration Law for Georgia

Q: Citizenship for my son

I am a citizen of the US by naturalization. Can I help my 10 year green card holder son if he does not live in America but maintains his status

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jamie B Hernan
Jamie B Hernan
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You likely can petition for your son and should consult an immigration attorney to discuss his case in specific detail.

You can visit the USCIS website on naturalization at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7....

Also, review questions #25 and 26 of the USCIS guide to naturalization at http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.