Asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: How can I apply for a visa?

When I went to U.S.A i got there without a visa. Currently i'm in my country, I wasn't deported, can

I originally lived in Florida for 4 years, when i got there I stayed at an immigration center in Texas. They gave me permission to stay for 3 months and I had to appear in court but i didn't go because I didn't have anyone to take me there.

I left the U.S. over 2 years on my own, and I wasn't deported.

What can I do about my situation to apply for a visa to return to the U.S.?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Francis M. Boyer
Francis M. Boyer
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: So you came in without inspection, then you remained illegally for 4 years, got detained at an immigration jail, and failed to appear in court.

You have some serius troubles here.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.