Fremont, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: I am US citizen and want to get a Green Card for my sister in India + her 12 year-old son. Can Child Status Protection Act be applied?

I am a naturalized US citizen. I want to file for a Green Card for my sister who lives in India. It seems that the processing time for that category is 11 years. My sister's son is 12 years-old now. If he crosses 21 years age limit when the case is pending, will he get the Green card? Will he get the advantage of Child Status Protection Act?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tanvir Joshi
Tanvir Joshi
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Fresno, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Disclaimer: The following advice is for informational purposes only and should NOT be relied on as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed through these questions and answers. Check our website to contact us and discuss your case in detail.

Your sister's son may or may not benefit from CSPA. CSPA provides a complex formula to be applied on each case differently. Please consult an attorney to discuss your case in detail and find out whether he can benefit from CSPA.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.