San Antonio, TX asked in Immigration Law for Texas

Q: Im us citizen married to a minor in mexico and had a child with her in mexico how may i bring them to the united states

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Spencer Richard McMullen
Spencer Richard McMullen
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Chapala, Jalisco

A: Bringing the child may be easy, you would do a consular report of birth abroad at the US consulate in Mexico and assuming you lived the required years in the US, the child would get US citizenship and then you could take them with you (assuming mother consents). As far as the mother goes, you would need to consult a US immigration attorney as far as options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.