Houston, TX asked in Car Accidents for Texas

Q: I was hit by a person with no insurance. I want to take them to small claims but the address she provided is not current

How can I find her? What exactly can I sue for? Address is same on accident report and I am unable to contact her.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam T. Funk
Adam T. Funk
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Bellaire, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You are right that you need to get her correct address. When you sue someone, you must provide the defendant with notice of the lawsuit so they may defend themselves. You can find her information through voter registeries, property records databases, or hire a private investigator.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.