Sonoma, CA asked in DUI / DWI for California

Q: DUI second offense from 2010, I just got out of active duty honorably. How do I get rid of a bench warrant?

I got my 2nd offence DUI in 2010, I served time but got a failure to appeare on my second follow court, so now I have a bench warrant.. During that time I was on a deployment in Asia, following that I went to Afghanistan and just got back in October 2012. I was just honorably discharged today, I'm a decorated Marine, just trying to take care of my old mistakes now, I just signed up for school starting Jan 15th. Just trying to avoid jail time, I will pay all fines

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Daniel R. Perlman
Daniel R. Perlman
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Sorry nobody replied to this sooner, but here's how you would handle it:

There should be no trouble going to court with documentation of why you were unable to make the appearances and get the FTAs forgiven 100%. You could accomplish this with counsel or on your own if you feel comfortable in court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.