Daytona Beach, FL asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: The father has filed for exceptions to the order of C.S. hearing officer. Is the order valid while waiting for hearing?

I have found some previous case law on the internet that states "The court may not enter the order or take action until after the hearing on exceptions." The hearing is three months out. Can I file for contempt or press for other enforcement actions from the Dept. of Revenue in the interim? The NCP is now $10,000 in arrears and hasn't made a payment since Nov. 2012. I have written documentation from him stating he is not paying or attempting payment until after the exceptions hearing. In addition, his request for exceptions did not specify what they were; I understand this is not typically acceptable. Can I ask the judge to dismiss his request for exceptions on these grounds? Thanks!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: What you need is an attorney. This is a tricky process which actually requires a professional on your side.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.