Homosassa, FL asked in Uncategorized for Florida

Q: I bought a 2008 Chevy Tahoe 3/6/13. It had a gd Carfax. I put it in for a oil change and found it had extensive damage.

What recourse do I have? My son and I spoke with Orlando Automotive Group of Winter Garden, Fl. several times before I came from N.J. To Fl. They are refusing to give me my money back. Crystal Chevy in Homosassa, Fl. says the front stabilizer bars are missing the bars are bent in the rear besides evidence of an accident, metal bent, broken, lines cut or missing etc.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The problem here is that you have to get the car fixed and then maybe sue them. It would cost many thousands to do this. I think I spoke with you on the phone about it. No attorneys that I know would take a case like this on a contingency fee basis, but you might have a cause of action for deceptive and unfair trade practices as well as breach of implied warranty for fitness of use.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.