Can you charge rent to a family member who is living in a house that is apart of an estate that is in probate

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

James J Bagley

Answered 2 years ago

If you own the home and/or have superior rights to it than that person and they are not your child under the age of eighteen then you may charge rent. Once the house is out of probate rights may change and you may lose your ability to charge rent. If you currently have no rights because the estate is in probate than you will have to wait.