My x wife has not let me see my kids for 13 months,and has not answered the phone in 6 months.can i file contempt

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

David Scott Heier Esq

Answered 2 years ago

That is a very long time without contact. If you have a divorce decree granting you parenting time, you could have filed a contempt a year ago. And you still can. Stop delaying. If you are not paying child support, in some circumstances you could permanently lose your parenting rights.